Member's Journal

Researchers have found that people who use journals to change their health-related behaviors improve their self-regulatory skills, which in turn contributes to their lifestyle behavior change. So what does that mean for you? Quite a lot, actually. This journal is private, so only you and your wellness coach can see your personal entries. Your journal is also tailored to your specific needs. The more you use your journal, the more you learn about yourself: what triggers your behaviors and what consequences result from those behaviors. This journal is the skill-building key in the Information-Motivation-Behavioral Skills Model of behavior change. And that’s why I am creating a member’s journal application. This journal is really, really important.

This journal is the perfect place to explore your lifestyle. Find out what you really do when you function on auto-pilot. Learn what trips you up, and how to avoid losing your way. You may see patterns in the details that would never be exposed otherwise. Having access to these patterns is particularly helpful when you are trying to track down food allergies when reactions do not occur immediately after exposure to the triggering substances. It’s one thing to read about a new idea. It is quite another to incorporate it into your life. This member’s journal is one of the most valuable tools you can use to make important lifestyle changes.

Don’t worry. Even if you loathe the idea of keeping a diary or journal, this one is different. It is designed to help you record only what is necessary, and only until you have the data you and your coach need. This journal is an important tool, and you only use it as long as it serves you. Did I mention that it is private? This journal is only available to registered members and each member can only see his or her own journal. Be sure to take advantage of your personal journal so that you can live a more vibrant, healthy life!

I know you are chomping at the bit to get started, and so am I. As soon as the developers have finished creating our journal application, I will let you know. If you sign up for the newsletter you will be the first to know when you can start using your very own journal.