My father’s family has long been plagued by obesity and type 2 diabetes. In the mid-2000’s, as I looked around, I realized that a majority of Americans were facing the same chronic health issues as my family. Although I have managed to keep my weight under control, over the years I have had my own list of health setbacks. This is not a picture of empowerment and vibrancy. I founded the Jentzer Wellness Institute to help people just like myself and my family members. We want to live full, vibrant lives, and I think you do, too.
Like you, the members of the Jentzer Wellness Institute tend to agree that life is not a spectator sport. Aside from that unifying trait, we are an eclectic mix of people from all walks of life. We range in age from 20-something to 70+. We hail from major metropolitan areas and rural farmland. Some of us went to work right out of high school, and some of us went on for more schooling. Some of us keep going back to school. Some of us have an itch to see far-away lands, and some of us like hanging out close to home.
Some are attracted to the yoga and meditation offerings. Some want to learn how to lose weight or reverse their type 2 diabetes diagnoses. Some want to learn how to eliminate the nagging aches and pains that seem to increase without end. Some want to learn how to quiet the monkey-mind that has taken over their brains. Most of us want to learn how to reduce the stress in our lives. Some like to work one-on-one with a life coach and others like the interaction of working in a group-coaching environment. Does this description sound like you?
If you ...
- live in the Washington, DC metropolitan area you can take advantage of live classes held at various health clinics in Maryland, Virginia, and the District.
- find yourself further afield, you can take advantage of this state-of-the-art website and join us virtually. The blog is brimming with peer-reviewed research, boiled down to jargon-free language you can easily understand.
- want to go beyond information to actually develop healthy lifestyle skills take advantage of the personal journal and support forum features of this website.
- want to embark on personal growth with the help of a life coach, you can do that, too.
- want to become even more involved, you can volunteer to be a research participant when the opportunity presents itself from time to time. Research participants get all of the benefits of membership for free as a thank you gift for doing your part to advance science.
When you look in the mirror you are looking at a reflection of the Jentzer Wellness Institute’s members. We look just like you. We would love for you to join us on this wellness journey. I created the Jentzer Wellness Institute to empower you to live a vibrant, healthy life. Let’s get started.